Jordan “Jordy” Riccardi concentrates his practice in the firm’s estate planning and probate division, as well as the corporate law division and real estate division.
Mr. Riccardi structures and composes estate plans that meet the various desires and objectives of his clients, including planning for incapacity and illness, and providing for loved ones. Estate planning goals are then embodied into a variety of trusts, wills, powers of attorney, health care surrogates, living wills and related instruments.
As a complement to estate planning, Mr. Riccardi also represents clients in trust administration and probate matters, both as fiduciaries and beneficiaries. Probate matters often include summary administration, disposition without administration and ancillary administration, as well as the traditional “full” estate administration.
Synchronizing business and personal goals, Mr. Riccardi also practices corporate and business law. Whether achieving the ambitions of his estate planning clients, or assisting entrepreneurs and company officers, Mr. Riccardi advises in establishing, managing and operating, and winding up business entities that serve to protect his clients’ investments.
Additionally, Mr. Riccardi practices real estate law and is an agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund which partners with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company to underwrite title insurance.
Mr. Riccardi primarily practices in the firm’s downtown Sarasota office but regularly meets with clients at the firm’s office in Lakewood Ranch.
- Ave Maria School of Law (J.D., 2012)
Business Law Society: President
- Saint Leo University (B.A., History, A.S., Mathematics, 2008)
- Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School (Diploma, 2004)
Background and Experience
- Prior to serving as an Associate Attorney with Icard Merrill, Mr. Riccardi clerked and trained in the firm’s estate planning and probate division, as well as the firm’s corporate law division.
- Law Clerk to General Counsel of Chico’s FAS, Inc.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachavich, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- The Florida Bar: Member; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Business Law Section
- Sarasota County Bar Association: Member
- Manatee County Bar Association: Member
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance: Member
- Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund (commonly known as “The Fund”): Agent
Publications and Presentations
- Labeling of Genetically Modified Foods and the Restaurant Industry: Selling Frankenstein, Co-Author
- Florida Guardianship Practice 8th Ed., Chapter 5: Durable Powers of Attorney, assistance to Author
- Miracle League of Manasota: Let’s All Play Ball!, Sarasota County Bar Association’s The Docket, April 2016
- Untitled Article Re: Benefits of Revocable Trusts in Florida Estate Planning, SCENE Magazine, August 2016
- Attorney’s Guide to “Ghosting”, Sarasota County Bar Association’s The Docket, October 2016
- Miracle League of Manasota: Current Board of Directors and Secretary