Robert E. Messick
Robert Messick concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, commercial land development, banking, commercial transactional law, and commercial real property foreclosures and restructures – representing primarily commercial lenders, as well as developers.
Bob’s commercial lending and banking practice involves the representation of both institutional and private lenders in all facets of commercial loan transactions including real estate, industrial, as well as asset-based lending.
Bob’s real estate practice includes the representation of clients in purchase and sale transactions, including drafting contracts, completing due diligence, and handling land acquisition and developed property closings for commercial and residential properties. His extensive experience in this arena encompasses purchase and sale transactions involving properties for development purposes. Bob also assists clients with commercial landlord-tenant dealings, including the preparation and negotiation of leases, with a focus on developer/landlord transactions.
Litigation in the areas of real property, commercial foreclosure, and creditor bankruptcy rights related to real estate interest and commercial loan transactions continues to be a part of Bob’s practice.
- Elite Top Attorneys, Sarasota Magazine, 2020, 2021, 2022
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- The Florida Bar: Member; Business Law Section; Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association: Member
- Sarasota County Bar Association: Member
- Mote Marine Laboratory: Advisory Board, Member and Chair; Board of Trustees: Member (1995-2004)
- Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member and Chair (2000-2012)
- Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota: Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member (2013-2018)
- The Center for Hope (Wellness Community): Board of Directors, Member and Chair (1994-2000)
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1979, Honors
- University of Florida, B.A., 1975, Honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Virgin Islands, 1980
- U.S. District Court, District Court of the Virgin Islands (St. Thomas/St. John)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits