Elder Law is an aspect of estate planning that concentrates principally on the needs of aging individuals. As our society ages, increasing numbers of clients are faced with the prospect of obtaining appropriate care and protection for themselves or relatives. At Icard Merrill, our estate planning attorneys provide counsel on a wide range of elder law concerns, including:
- Asset preservation
- Health and personal care planning, including powers of attorney, durable powers of attorney, living wills, advanced directives, and lifetime planning
- Medicaid and Medicare entitlement, insurance, and veterans benefits
- Capacity and guardianship issues
- Resident rights in long-term care facilities and nursing homes
- Employment and retirement matters
- Age and disability discrimination
- Wills, trusts, and estate planning
- Life care and long-term care planning, including planning for aspects of aging, illness, and incapacity
Our lawyers are experienced in evaluating the laws designed to protect elderly citizens, and counsel clients on methods which allow families to care for each other without undue stress or financial burden. Icard Merrill’s elder law attorneys focus on their elder law clients’ quality of life during their final years along with estate planning and asset disposition strategies designed to satisfy their clients’ wishes. Because of our firm’s broad base of knowledge and experience, we are able to thoroughly address all aspects of elder law concerns facing our clients.
For estate planning assistance involving matters of elder law, contact us to speak with one of Icard Merrill’s experienced elder law attorneys.